THE CORNER BOOK BLOG

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Secret


Beverly Lewis is one of my all-time favorite authors and Amish fiction books are also favorites. The Secret is the first book in her Seasons of Grace series.

I so wanted to like this book. As you can tell from the title, the book is about a secret. There are so many mentions made of the secret, so many times it is almost told. But it got to the point where I felt like we had had enough obstacles and it was time to just reveal the secret and be done with it. I found myself not wanting to put the book down but not because I was engrossed in the story but because I was tired of waiting and I wanted to know what the book was about already.

But even more than that, I just could not get interested in this book. The characters didn't pull me in. I didn't have that terrible desire to find out what happens to them. To be honest, I didn't even finish the book.

If you have a Kindle (or Kindle app) you can get this book free from Amazon right now.

Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment