THE CORNER BOOK BLOG

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Love On The Line


Rural switchboard operator Georgie Gail is proud of her independence in a man's world.which makes it twice as vexing when the telephone company sends a man to look over her shoulder.

Dashing Luke Palmer is more than he appears though. He's a Texas Ranger working undercover to infiltrate a notorious gang of train robbers. Repairing telephones and tangling with this tempestuous woman is the last thing he wants to do. But when his stakeout puts Georgie in peril, he realizes more than his job is on the line..

I have to admit that as I got into this book I thought "oh no - another book about birds!" I've read a couple of books lately that have birds as a major part of the book. I am not a "bird person". I don't dislike birds. I'm just not interested in them. But this book was so good that the fact that a major part of the story line revolves around birds didn't really bother me.

Georgie loves birds and is appalled to find that dead birds are being used as a decoration on ladies hats. She decides that she must find a way to stop this practice and sets on a course to save the birds.

Meanwhile, Luke works his way in to the town as well as into Georgie's heart. But is either willing to admit their attraction to the other?

A really good book.

Jody

My copy was provided by Bethany House for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment