THE CORNER BOOK BLOG

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Unveiled Wife





About a month ago, a friend recommended this devotional to me. I went over and looked at the website and thought, gee, maybe not. You see, my husband and I are having very, very bad marital problems. Ok, let's be honest. He moved out. Told me he doesn't love me anymore and doesn't want to be married to me anymore.

But the thing is, I still love him and I'm still committed to our marriage. So I figured, I'll read the devotional and see what it has to say - what can it hurt, right?

I simply cannot believe how God has moved through Jennifer Smith to meet me where I am. Each day, I get her devotionals by email and almost every single day, she's talking about something I'm struggling with.

For example, one day when I felt particularly angry with my husband for leaving, Jennifer's devotion was on Forgiving My Husband. When trying to understand how my husband was feeling and why he choose to leave, there was a devotional on When Expectations Cripple A Marriage. When my husband told me he never felt like I supported him, there was a devotion on Working Together.

This devotional is wonderful for women who are in a stable marriage - and I have recommended it to many of my friends who are. But it is also wonderful for women who are in a floundering marriage. There is encouragement and almost a "how to" guide for making changes for the future.

Of course my prayer is that my husband will allow me a chance to show him how much I love him and how I can change and make our marriage a success with a second chance. But even if he doesn't these devotionals are a wonderful guide for how I can pray for him - and myself.

For more information on this wonderful devotional click here.

To buy a copy for yourself, click here

Highly recommended.

Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment